Monday, October 1, 2018

A Sneak Peek - All That Glitters

Hello readers,

Happy October 1st Nigeria!!! #Monday #IndependenceDay #Celebration

Still on Quramo Writers' Prize 2018, the team has been posting excerpts from all the top 10 finalists' stories.

Here's a short description of my story from them:

"All That Glitters" is a story about a woman burdened by a dark secret she hides from her husband.

Here's a Sneak Peek:


Timothy looked at Kora again, then back to the woman. “I’m sorry for my son’s behaviour. It won’t happen again. Thank you very much.”

The woman nodded and left. And as soon as Timothy, shut the door, Kora spoke.

“I can’t believe what Nathaniel did, and at his age. Where is he learning it from? It must be from his new school. He wasn’t like this before we moved here.”

Timothy didn’t respond. He kept walking towards the bedroom and Kora followed.

“If you won’t say something, at least discipline him.”

“I’ll allow you do that, as I don’t know how to go about it, because in my family, we don’t steal, tell lies, accuse others for our actions or fight.”

Kora stopped in her tracks. It was now confirmed. Timothy was certainly suspicious and had totally resigned from the family.

***

Want to know what secret Kora is keeping from her husband?

You'll have to wait to find out.

I hope my story makes the Top 5 cut. #FingersCrossed

Literarily Yours,
CMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment