Saturday, July 4, 2015

Book Review: Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead

Book Description:

Thirty years after women became 50 percent of the college graduates in the United States, men still hold the vast majority of leadership positions in government and industry. This means that women’s voices are still not heard equally in the decisions that most affect our lives.

In Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg examines why women’s progress in achieving leadership roles has stalled, explains the root causes, and offers compelling, commonsense solutions that can empower women to achieve their full potential.

***

"Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" is a non-fiction / inspirational short book by author Sheryl Sandberg.
I got this book from my boss, who was impressed with the author, her career, her life and the story about the "parking space." He was reading it in bits, because he didn't want to finish reading it too soon. I had to read it.

I had to force myself to finish reading it. And although the book was interesting, I don't know if everything mentioned in it is doable, especially as it is mostly about past experiences and how they helped her be where she is today. In a world that is constantly changing, things that were done before are not necessarily things that will work today.

The book boils down to tips for surviving as a working woman, whether single, married, with or without children, and being a leader, just that a lot of personal experiences have been added to it.

I don't really remember everything from the book. I wish I had written a review when I had just finished reading it, instead of writing it more than three months later.

3 STARS

Literarily Yours,
CMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment