Friday, February 9, 2018

#FridayFeature: Meet The Author - Emem Uko

Hello all,

It's another beautiful Friday, and we get to meet the beautiful Emem Uko for today's #FridayFeature.

Let's get to know her in 10 questions below.

1/ What’s your name (Pen name if different), and what does it mean?

Emem Uko. Emem means Peace in the Annang dialect of Akwa Ibom State.


2/ What books have you written (title/genre/year of publication)?

*Facade - April 2015, Young Adult Contemporary Romance Novel
*Hers to Tell - August 2016, Suspense Novel
*Janus (the sequel to Facade) - March 2017
*Notice Me - will be released this year,  2018

3/ What inspires your writing?

I seem to notice a lot of things around me and somehow, I find myself creating stories with even the tiniest of nuggets of information and experience. I think I'm inspired by what I see and learn about my fellow humans far and near.

4/ What has been your most challenging work, and why?

So far, none of them. Just because I write at my own pace and I only write something that tugs at me.

5/ What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on an adult romance and another young adult novel.

6/ What are your favourite types of books and who are your favourite authors?

I read a lot of Fiction but I just recently got the autobiographical bug. It's so good to learn about the lives of people you admire. Right now my favorite author is Diana Gabaldon.

7/ What have you had to give up for your writing?

Sleep

8/ What is unique about you?

I hear my height is shocking just because when I sit, it's not noticeable that I'm very tall. I don't think that's a unique feature but it's one that puzzles me when people say it. I think my "look" is unique - a bit odd for my personality but works in my favor. I think I'm 5'11 by the way.

9/ Where can readers get your book, and in what formats?

My books are available in paperback and ebook formats on online book-selling media like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, OkadaBooks, Flip.com.ng.

10/ How can readers get in touch with you?

I can be reached easily on social media
Facebook Page: Emem Uko @authorememuko
Instagram: @authorememuko
Twitter: @ememuko
Website: www.ememuko.com
Email: ukoemem@gmail.com

***

I hope you enjoyed reading about the beautiful Emem Uko today, and hope you get to read her books as well.

Until next #FridayFeature.

Literarily Yours,
CMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment