Friday, March 23, 2018

#FridayFeature: Meet The Author - Karo Oforofuo

Hello all,

It's FriYay (just in case, Friday and Yay), so we get to meet another author today for our #FridayFeature... it's none other than the interesting Karo Oforofuo.

Let's get to know her in 10 questions below.

1/ What’s your name (Pen name if different), and what does it mean?

My name is Oghenekaro Oforofuo. But Karo for short. Oghenekaro means God first. Oghene - God. Karo - First, while Oforofuo means - thoroughly Clean. I don't have a pen name.
2/ What books have you written (title/genre/year of publication)?

I have written a lot of books, both fiction and nonfiction, outside of the ones I ghostwrote. I can't really remember the year of publication for all my books now unless I look at them, but I'll list the ones I know.
My fiction titles are:

  1. Odi - The Tale of Two Kingdoms - Speculative fiction (2016)
  2. Trapped - The Underworld - mystery (2015)
  3. Strange Man at Iri - Paranormal Romance (2017)
  4. Gentle Wild - Romance
  5. Night Love - Romance
  6. Naked Secret
  7. Susan's Diary Series. 1- 4  (This one is actually the first I let people see of my writings) - Drama/Action (2013)
  8. Fantasy Island - Fantasy (2012)
  9. Baby on a Mission - Paranormal
  10. Loving a Stranger - Romance (2014)
  11. The House Keeper - Romance/Crime
  12. My Best Friend's Husband and I - Romance
A lot of the others are blog series are:

  1. Deba Ezodo - Speculative (2016)
  2. Stella Spew - Paranormal (2016)
  3. Finding Mr. Right - Romance
  4. Love at Sunset Beach - Romance
  5. Total deception - Crime
  6. Love at Long Last - Romance, and several other blog series.

3/ What inspires your writing?

I've always loved stories and I imagine things a lot. I could sit in a spot and create a very emotional story in my head and start crying. And my siblings used to wonder then, why I was crying.

Anything can inspire me to write a story. It could be just a catchy phrase I read or heard from somewhere. It could be from a movie I watched or a book I read. It could be from family matters, friends I hung out with, the birds, trees, or just a nice picture I come across.

In other words, I easily get inspired to roll out a storyline. I'm never out of ideas. Instead, I'm unable to keep up with my ideas.

4/ What has been your most challenging work, and why?

My most challenging work was ODI - The Tale of Two Kingdoms. This is the first work I did that pushed me to do research. So creating ancient Africa, long before the colonisation, wasn't beans. It took a lot of research, as well as reading other novels in that genre I was writing. Before then, I had never read so much in other to write a story.

5/ What are you currently working on?

I'm currently working on 3 stories:

  1. Love From the Cult - A blog series
  2. My Friend and The Body Swap Idea (I'm looking to change the title though)
  3. Written in ink. 

6/ What are your favourite types of books and who are your favourite authors?

I love epic stories, speculative fiction, romance with a touch of paranormal events. I also like fantasy, adventure, and drama. Basically, anything that's well written.

My favourite authors are: Milton Davis, Erica Ridley, P.Djeli Clark, Lesley Arimah, Chimamanda Adichie, Chinua Achebe, Charles R. Saunders, and a host of others.

7/ What have you had to give up for your writing?

I gave up my teaching job at a secondary school. I gave up some other job opportunities even when I knew that at that time, my writing wasn't paying. It was stupidity, especially as I needed the money. And this stupidity also cost me my relationship. The guy wasn't interested in being with a poor writer. 😂😂😂😂

But in the end, I do not regret it, because I was able to use that time to research and learn about books and the book business. My writing has developed reasonably from what it used to be, and marketing, I know my marketing.

Plus, I can give very helpful marketing advice for almost any legit internet business you can talk about. And ever since I joined Okadabooks, I've learnt a whole lot more.

8/ What is unique about you?

Um... I'll say my ability to put myself in another person's shoes and feel almost exactly what they are going through, be it good or bad.

It is something that has helped me among my family, friends, and other relationships too. So I find myself not overstepping a line because I know how the next person would feel.

9/ Where can readers get your book, and in what formats?

A lot of my books are available on Okadabooks. I also sell some directly in PDF. So for that, I can be reached via email HERE.

My books are all in e-copies. I haven't ventured into hard copy publishing yet. But it's something I have on my to-do list, and hope to accomplish when the time is right. In other words, when I have a lot of followers who will be interested in hard copies.

10/ How can readers get in touch with you?

They can get in touch with me via:
My blog
Facebook
Instagram: @pelleura

***

I hope you enjoyed reading about the interesting Karo Oforofuo today, and hope you get to read her enticing sounding books as well.

Until next #FridayFeature.

Literarily Yours,
CMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment