Friday, April 15, 2016

#FridayFeature: Meet The Author - Eriata Oribhabor

Hello All,

Today's #FridayFeature author is Eriata Oribhabor, a former Chairman of ANA Abuja.

Let's get to know him in 10 questions. See his interesting responses below.

1/ What is your name (Pen name if different), and what does it mean?

My name is Eriata Oribhabor. Eriata means: Just how it's said, while Oribhabor means: Everything is in God's hands. So, just as it's said, everything is in God's hands.
2/ What books have you written (title/genre/year of publication)?

(a) Abuja na kpangba an Oda Puem-Dem/poetry in Naija languej/Editor/IFRA-Nigeria & Oribhabor 2011

(b) IF YU HIE SE A DE PRIZIN/poetry anthology in Naija languej/Editor/2012/Something for Everybody Ventures

(c) Crossroads & The Rubicon/poetry/2014/Something for Everybody Ventures

(d) WUSHAPA - Beating the Drums of Peace/editor/poetry anthology/2015/Something for Everybody Ventures

(e) Beautiful Poisons/poetry/2015/Something for Everybody Ventures

(f) Who Shall I Make My Wife/editor/poetry anthology on food related matters/2015/Something for Everybody Ventures

(g) AMEBO YAD/play/Naija languej/Editor/2015/Something for Everybody Ventures

3/ What inspires your writing?

My writings are inspired by happenings in my environment, interactions with people, and a burning desire to express my thoughts and experiences with a motif to positively impart people for societal uplift.

4/ What has been your most challenging work, and why?

My most challenging work was my very first work written in Naija languej "Abuja na kpangba an oda puem dem". It will remain so because at the time I wrote it, majority couldn't see a reason why one should bother writing poetry in a supposedly "looked down upon" language that's the most widely used in a country of more than 500 ethnic groups.

5/ What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on my next book of poetry entitled "That Beautiful Picture" and others.

6/ What are your favourite types of books and who are your favourite authors?

Poetry remains my favorite. I have none as favourite. My love for African writers knows no bound.

7/ What have you had to give up for your writing?

Nothing.

8/ What is unique about you?

My creative parts and ability to multitask.

9/ Where can readers get your book, and in what formats?

My books are currently not in any library. They are with me.

10/ How can readers get in touch with you?

Via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/oribhabor

***

For more on the Association and its activities, please like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ANALagLive/.

Until next #FridayFeature.

Literarily Yours,
CMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment